Us

Us

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

She's here!! And she's amazing!!




Maribel is here and I tell you, it's love at first sight! I'll come back, tomorrow perhaps, to give more of the details on the prep, surgery, etc because I'm a little too tired to write all of that tonight. For the details, she was born at 12:52pm, weighed 8 pounds and .02 ounces, and is 20 inches long. The c-section itself went fabulous, Maribel did a great job nursing in the recovery room, and we enjoyed a few hours with her in our room.

Then she had to go to the NICU. She was making "snorting" noises at times and the nurse noticed she was retracting when breathing. So they brought in the pediatrician and checked her pulse ox. Her saturation levels were just under what they'd like to see. So in the NICU they did a chest x-ray (looked good), took some blood to check for infections (started her on antibiotics just in case) and put her on an IV (that's about all she's going to have to "eat" until tomorrow). Since she's really not breathing through her nose they don't want her to struggle trying to eat. In the meantime, they set me up with a pump so my supply keeps up and I'm pumping every 2-3 hours. They can use the little colostrum I'm producing to give to her via swab in and around her mouth. DH is in the NICU with her so I feel good that he's with her even if I can't be. I'll have my catheter until tomorrow morning so I can't walk to the NICU to see her, but the nurse mentioned perhaps wheeling me over to see her later tonight. That would be so awesome because I tell you I miss my little girl like crazy!! I cried buckets when they wheeled her out of our room and I just can't wait to have her back with us.

2 comments:

  1. Amanda-

    I am sooo happy for you guys! She is beautiful!!

    xoxo

    Moe

    ReplyDelete