Us

Us

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

16w5d - Movement, YAY!!!

Well, for the last 3 days I've felt fetal movement, YAY!! And I don't think it was gas this time, double YAY!! I can feel it best when I'm relaxed and lying down in bed at night (though today I did feel it while sitting up working.) At this point, I'm not feeling kicks that you'd feel on the outside - those should take at least a few more weeks to feel. These sometimes feel like something rolling around in there. Like all of a sudden a softball rolls to the front of my belly and then rolls back away. Or it feels like someone bumped my belly but from the inside. Sometimes I'll give my lower belly a nudge just to feel it again. I can't wait until the movement is strong enough for DH to feel, but until then I'll enjoy this special one-on-one time with the little one.

And thank goodness for that bit of wonder this week because otherwise, DH & I have been having a pretty shitty week. Both of our jobs suck ass lately. Last night, I had to stop cooking dinner so I could just go into my bedroom and cry my eyes out. That's how much I hate my job! And no doubt I'm a pregnant hormonal mess, but I really hate the company I work for. I can't even begin to describe how poorly run they are, but if they can drive a woman like me to cry buckets of frustration-filled tears you can tell they're a pretty shitty operation. DH has had a rough week at work too, being "volunteered" for tasks that no one on earth would want on top of his regular work. So yeah, it's been a pretty sad, grumpy, miserable week here.

I am glad though that January is behind us and we were able to flip another page on the calendar. And February is always a month that makes my smile. My DD turns 22 years old on Thursday - WOW!! I can't even believe that it's been that long since my parents & I drove to the hospital in a wicked bad ice storm and I delivered my firstborn (after 28 hours of labor) with my mom as my coach. My daughter was born at exactly midnight - even the second hand was on the 12 - between February 3rd & 4th. We actually didn't learn what day she was born until the day I was leaving the hospital. You see, there was quite the debate going on between the docs & nurses about whether "midnight exactly" ends the previous day or is the start of the next day. The verdict, well at least in DD's case, is that it ends the previous day (had it been a minute or even a second past midnight, she would have been officially born on the 4th.) Poor girl though, if she wants to stay up for her b-day she has wait the entire, and I mean entire day, until midnight hits to hit her official birthday. But it sure is something we'll never forget. And I love you Rachel!

Countdown to the big u/s is now 3 weeks away. OMG, I cannot wait to find out what we're having. Target is having their baby sale this week so I actually think I'm going to buy a couple things off my registry while the prices are great. Everything we have on there is gender neutral anways so might as well get while the getting is good. And with that, I think I'll go make dinner and do some shopping. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment