Us

Us

Saturday, January 1, 2011

12w2d - Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year to all of my blog readers! 2010 sure was a roller coaster of a year - 2 pregnancies that resulted in 2 losses requiring 2 emergency surgeries and then the amazing (and expensive) world of IVF resulting in this pregnancy that looks to be going wonderfully. Roller coaster is an understatement really and I'm exhausted at the thought of all we've been through this year. But my last day of 2010 was very nice and relaxed. Was up visiting my folks at the farm and my DD came out for the day. I went with DD to her maternity photo shoot which was soooo fun! She was all preggo belly and smiles. Today though, I'm back on the road again to get home to my hubby and puppy.

Back on my 2010 recap, because we spent sooo much on medical expenses this year, we should be able to use that to our advantage on our taxes for 2010. We can deduct any allowable medical expenses that exceed 7.5% of our adjusted gross income. Mileage to/from the various medical appointments is also allowed, though for 2010 I did read that the IRS decreased the mileage amount to 16.5 cents per mile. Regardless, according to the handy dandy spreadsheet I've been keeping that lists every doctor appointment, every trip to pick up prescriptions, etc for the year, we drove 1200.6 miles for medical reasons. We also spent $14386 on medical expenses (GULP) the bulk of that being the IVF cycle & meds. Hopefully then we'll see some benefit from the cash we plunked over in our tax return. And I must say we are extremely thankful that we didn't bury ourselves in loans or other debts to make this pregnancy happen...PHEW!!

Yesterday, I spoke with the doctor about our b/w results from our first trimester screening. Everything looks very good. My "age related" risk of Down's was about 1:77 but my first trimester blood work however puts our odds at 1:1100 which are much better odds so I'm happy with those results.

So again, Happy New Year and I'll check back in tomorrow night to report on how I'm feeling the eve before surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment