Us

Us

Monday, January 24, 2011

15w4d - Not a whole lot happening

Well, I'm 15w4d today but I have noticed if I logon here in the evening my pregnancy ticker has already moved to the next day. I guess my ticker is located in Europe somewhere so it's a few hours ahead of me here. If that gets me closer to my due date faster, I'm all for the European ticker.

Anywho, while extremely boring for my readers I'm sure, I am really enjoying the uneventful pregnancy week I've been having. Most of my excitement has come from crossing out another day on the calendar each morning (I'm one exciting gal huh?) But boring and uneventful is WONDERFUL compared to scared, nervous, anxious, and pessimistic. Hands down better!!!

So in baby news, DH surprised me with a pregnancy calendar over the weekend. I love it! I worked on it Sunday, putting stickers where they needed to be and making notes on important days. I must say I was really glad I had this blog going so I could refer back to some of those important dates like positive pregnancy tests, blood tests, ultrasounds, etc. Now it's all up-to-date and hanging in the kitchen to update & sticker as needed. Fun stuff!! And a big thank you to DH for my lovely gift!!

We ordered the crib, changer, dresser, and crib mattress and those arrived over the weekend. Most of our wood furniture around the apartment is black so we went with white for the baby's furniture. The bedding we selected on our Target registry is a pale mint green and dark brown so it should look nice against the white crib. Now I'm on the hunt for some cute wall hangings. Since we live in an apartment complex we're not going to be painting the nursery. But there are some scenic wall "clings" out there that I've been looking at. Just have to figure out which ones I like best. So those and a little artwork that compliment the bedding set might be just the right combo for our little guy or girl.

Other than that, we're just enjoying being pregnant. The bump is getting bigger (I'll post a new picture on Thursday when we hit 16w.) And the heartbeat is a lot easier to find now with our doppler. Originally we'd find it right near the pubic bone but now its getting closer to the navel and even I can find it quickly when I try solo (DH still finds it faster though.) But ahhh that beautiful 147 bpm yesterday was music to my ears.

Will check in again on Thursday...me & my big belly. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment