Us

Us

Monday, May 9, 2011

30w4d - Sooooo many clothes!!

Hi everyone! Sorry, it's been a few days since I've posted, just got super busy around here. I do have a few shoutouts to make. A belated Happy Mother's Day to all of my mom-friends. Congratulations to my brother and SIL on the birth of their little girl Audrey, born on Cinco de Mayo. I also want to say YAY to my friend and former co-worker R who found out today that she is having a little girl. It's raining pink everywhere! And lastly, sending prayers out to my message board friend M. After one of her twin girls passed away in utero, they delivered her and were forced two days later to deliver the living twin. She was born at 26w5d at 1lb 11oz. Tiny, tiny girl but so far is stable in the NICU so hopefully she'll thrive now and get to go home in a few months.

Friday was errands day and wow, did that day kick my ass. Trips to doggy day care, post office, and Wal-mart were interspersed with major house cleaning before my in-laws got here on Friday evening. I way overdid it on Friday and as I walked to my mailbox I realized that just that short waddle was painful. So Friday night I spent the evening with my ass firmly planted in my glider/rocker and feet up on the ottoman. I think the only times I got up was to hit the ladies room and greet my in-laws when they arrived.

Speaking of the in-laws, we had a very nice visit with them. And as Maribel is the first grandchild, let's just say they are determined to spoil her rotten. My SIL, MIL, and FIL bought her so many clothes...well, lets just say she may never have to wear the same outfit twice, especially in the 0-3 month size range. Her head will be well protected with her 12 hats. Her clothes will be protected by the 17 bibs she now has. All of the outfits we've received from them and from all of our friends and families are just so wonderful; I'll probably change her a few times a day just to let her wear everything. They also gave us the highchair we wanted and that will be so nice to use since it reclines for when she's really little and eventually converts to a booster seat down the road.

Yesterday, Mother's Day, I was really wiped out from all of the visiting (and general lack of sleep, what with my constant peeing and itching) but overall it was a really nice day spent with hubby and puppy. Low key...just what I needed. And my lunch of a Subway 6" chicken terryaki sub and chocolate cookie was the ONLY meal of the week that put me over 120 on my glucose readings. Woo-hoo!! Believe me, it was hard to pass up all of the Colombian food my in-laws brought with them but it's pretty fried and carb heavy so I thought it best to steer clear and just stick with my healthy stuff.

So as you may recall, my next appointment was scheduled for next Thursday 5/19. The nurse called today to say we needed to change the date (since doc would be out that day) so now it will be Tuesday 5/17 instead. Soooo excited to move it up a couple of days since this appointment is for a prenatal visit and growth scan to see how big our little girl is. We'll also have to see what Dr D says about the limited improvement in my skin (and it really is barely any better) after adding in the Medrol. My back still looks like a war zone of scratches and my outer thighs are still literally bruised from scratching. I seriously hope this goes away when I have the baby...please, please, please go away itchiness!!!

Other than that, I really feel like my belly is getting stretched quite a bit these days. No new stretch marks...yet...but I can barely pinch the skin on some parts of my belly. And I'm definitely having more Braxton Hicks (BH) contractions these days, especially in the evenings or after activity. Like when I take our dog on a longer walk around our apartment complex, by the time we're walking up the stairs of our building, I'll have a good, strong BH going and it reminds me that the end is near. A couple of times I've even had so many BH's happening in an evening that I timed them. But nothing regular or frequent enough to require a call to the doc.

So that's where we're at right now. I'll post a new belly shot on Thursday at 31 weeks. Friday at Wal-Mart, a woman told me I look like I'm going to pop so we'll see if you all agree. Until then, have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment