Us

Us

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

30w5d - 3 weeks 2 days...until I leave work that is

BITCH ALERT!!! OMG 3 weeks and 2 days until I leave my job and I swear to you this cannot be soon enough. Holy shit, I could breathe fire I was so pissed off at that place today.

Not going to go into the long, boring story because believe me it is long and boring BUT why don't grown adults face consequences in the workplace? I'm perplexed because we teach our children that if they do something wrong, there are consequences for their actions. Perhaps they get a timeout or no story at bedtime. Later on in life, perhaps they are grounded or given extra chores to complete. Why is it then that in the working world we don't follow through with consequences? Why, when someone constantly fucks things up and is a total slacker on the job, do they not face consequences? And why instead of consequences do we give them added responsibilities (even though it's known that they cannot handle them) as a reward? So they "feel good" that's why. So their feelings aren't hurt. Wow, that's so fucked up!

I try not to care, I really do. I repeat my mantra of 3 weeks and 2 days (updating the countdown daily of course.) I know once I leave I will quickly forget how ridiculous this company is. While I'm still here though I just feel sorry for my co-workers who will have to deal with this individual's incompetence. They'll be forced to watch management coddle this individual's sorry ass over and over, just like I have for years. I'll feel bad for clients who will get shoddy work from this individual because no one in our company bothers to check on this individual or his/her work. I guess that's the problem with having a heart, I care.

So what's a girl like me to do? Just keep on repeating: 3 weeks, 2 days...3 weeks, 2 days...3 weeks, 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment