Us

Us

Monday, May 23, 2011

32w4d - Progress, but baby steps

Ok, so my grand plan for the nursery this weekend was a bit heady I guess. I didn't come close to finishing what I planned but I did do some things (and even did some things that weren't on my original to-do list for the weekend.)

I DID get the rest of Maribel's clothes washed and folded. They're still not put away, but hey, at least they're all washed now. Do you realize this little girl has 34 pairs of socks??? Yes, 34!! That's approximately 3x more than I have. Her father, well, that's another story. He has a billion pairs of socks. In fact I often tease him that he collects socks, running shoes, and iPod ear buds. (He seriously cannot walk past any of the above without stopping to look at them.) But I digress...

I DID NOT get anything else in her room put away. Oops!

Outside of my original grand plan, I did go to Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store and picked up some wooden letters that spell Maribel's name along with some brown, light green, and light pink paint. Painting those was a fun, crafty thing to work on Saturday & Sunday afternoon! They're all painted so I just need to hot glue gun a few wooden decorations on them and have DH hang them up eventually.

I also bought some cotton flannel and started cutting out 8x8 squares for the cloth baby wipes. This coming weekend my mom & I will sit down with our sewing machines and do a little zigzag stitch around the edges to prevent fraying. I'll post pictures when I'm done with them, but we're looking at about 80+ squares of fabrics to start stitching. I was originally going to use a used sewing machine my cousin gave me but we found it's missing some parts and unfortunately missing the manual too. Estimating that it would just be cheaper to get a new machine vs. buying the replacement parts, DH got me a nice, basic Singer from Wal-Mart and I'll have my mom help me learn how to use it this weekend as we begin our little sewing project together.

As for everything else pregnancy-related, not too much has changed. Itchy skin? Check. Lots of Braxton Hicks contractions? Check. Glucose readings? Still good though I see them trending slightly higher so I'll have to stay vigilant on what I'm eating. Soreness? Pretty much gone the last couple of days (YAY!) Any new symptoms? Yes, very short of breath now. My mom & I were on the phone over the weekend and she asked if I just went up the stairs. Actually I had just moved clothes from the washer to dryer (and it's a stackable unit so it's not like I was trudging clothes anywhere.) That little bit of activity had me out of breath. Even though the baby still feels low, I guess my uterus is way up there just getting in the way of my expanding lungs. But again, this is a symptom to be expected. And I had my first middle-of-the-night leg cramp last night. Holy shit, that HURT! WOW!! Again though, pretty common symptom so nothing I haven't been expecting.

Well, I think I'll go back to cutting my flannel squares that I started yesterday. I was up at the butt crack of dawn today so I just started working, did my 8 hours, and called it a day. I'll be posting a new belly shot later this week and I'll keep you posted on anything new and exciting (and anything old and boring...after all, my life isn't THAT exciting.) Later friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment