Us

Us

Monday, May 2, 2011

29w4d - Lots of driving but a fun weekend

29w4d. That's right, we're closing in on 30 weeks which will be an awesome milestone to hit. I can't believe we're into May right now. I know we're due in July, but if we do deliver early we could be having our baby next month. Next month!! As in the month after the current month!! Wow, that's hard to fathom!

I had a great weekend! My long weekend started Friday and as you recall my plan was to watch the royal wedding and tackle the nursery. I'm delighted to say I did both of those things to the fullest extent. I watched the royal wedding ALL morning. I even watched it while I tackled the nursery. And wow, the nursery looks soooo much better now! Things are in their places now, with the exception of clothes that is. Clothes I still need to wash, organize by size, and put away. But I'm holding off on that task for a little longer since my SIL said they've bought Maribel lots of clothes and they'll be visiting us this coming weekend.

Saturday I drove up to RI to visit with my Army girlfriends. Took me about 5 hours each way and each way required 3-4 pee breaks. I also found that my glucose levels aren't too keen on fast food. I tried to make somewhat wise choices while eating on the road, but I did have a couple of meals that went over the limit and a couple that fell just under by a few points. (Nurse was happy with my levels though when I emailed her them today.) It just stinks that a water, cheeseburger, and HALF of a small order of fries was enough to put me over the limit. UGH!!

So anyways, it was a real treat to spend time with my friends. I don't have any friends down here in NJ (wow, that's a pretty sad admission huh) so it was nice to be back with my girls again. We hung out, had good food, plenty of laughs, great conversation, and it was WELL worth spending 10 hours in my car. Our Army friends are so sweet. My friend M had brought down a diaper bag full of stuff for us last weekend and this weekend our friends K & B gave us some ADORABLE outfits in all different sizes. My friend A was funny - she sounded like my sister when she said "you keep buying things so I don't know what to get you." Laugh Out Loud!! I told her we really don't need anything and her gift can be to let us stay with her when we come to visit in the summer. (She didn't like that answer but I insist A, that's all I want.) GIANT THANKS to my friends A, M, K, (& K's significant other B) for making Saturday night a great time!!

Now I do have a confession. Saturday afternoon, my friend A had to take her stepsons to an appointment so what did I do? You guessed it, I went shopping. This time I bought a car seat (we already had an infant car seat but needed one for when she outgrows that), a couple bottles (I like having a variety in case the baby likes one over the other so I just got a 2 pack of Dr Brown's glass bottles), a couple maternity tank tops (because it's getting it hot out now and I don't have any non-maternity tank tops that fit over my belly), a teething ring, some soft tip spoons, a microwave sterilizer (my daughter loves hers for sterilizing bottle and breast pump parts), and reusable breast pads (now I'll have some disposable ones for on-the-go and washable ones for around the house.) Then I finished up my shopping for this "pay period" with a couple of online purchases today. Grabbed a diaper sprayer so we don't have to dunk the dipes in the toilet (I always hated that part) and got a wet bag for traveling so we can bring home dirty dipes while we're out and about and throw the dipes and wet bag in the washer. (Plus, because I spent $59 at that retailer I get a free cloth diaper, valued at $17. That brings our stash of CDs to 25 - YAY!)

So, I think that's all I have to report for today. The in-laws are coming to visit this coming weekend so I'll be busy with cleaning, groceries, etc throughout the week. But I'll be sure to check in if I have anything interesting to report. (Oh hell, you know me. I'll be checking in even if I have nothing interesting to report.)

No comments:

Post a Comment