Us

Us

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

31w5d - Our "big" little girl

Our little Miss Maribel is looking awesome! And chunky! Yep, today we had our growth scan and our little Maribel isn't so little. They took measurements of her head, abdomen, leg bones, and arm bones (and other things) and came up with her measuring 33w4d, while she really is 31w5d. They estimated her weight at 4lb 10oz!!! WOW!! I was expecting something between 3lb 12oz and 4lb 4oz so she definitely came in higher than my estimation. And from here on out she could gain half a pound a week so we're looking at a good size baby on delivery day. Of course these estimations are just that - estimations. BUT, it's great to know she's healthy and growing really well. We may have one more scan before she's born to track her estimated weight in a few more weeks, so maybe we'll get one more glimpse of her in utero. (And we did have the u/s tech double check that she's still a girl...as I start washing MOUNTAINS of pink and purple clothes, I must admit I was a bit worried about what we'd do if Maribel came out as a Johan instead. All is good though - she's all girl!)

Other than that, my appointment went well. My BP was beautiful at 114/70 and I lost a little more weight. Speaking of weight, I may as well share my numbers since post-Maribel I'll be working on shedding my baby weight, plus a bunch more weight and I'm sure I'll be yapping all about that on here.

-My weight at the start of my pregnancy = 163.6
-My highest weight during this pregnancy = 178.8
-My weight today = 177.6
-So since starting my gestational diabetes diet, I've lost 1.2 pounds
-My total pregnancy gain so far = 14 pounds

I was thrilled to not have gained again since my doc wants my weight to stay put - and it has now for the last two prenatal visits I've had, woo-hoo!! And it's obvious from the growth scan today that Maribel is taking what she needs from me so she's definitely not suffering from my weight staying steady. And I must admit, the prospect of having to only lose 14 pounds (and lets say I gain a bit more these last few weeks and it goes up to 20 pounds) is not that terrible (especially compared to my previous pregnancies.) Of course, once I finish working on those 14+ pregnancy pounds, then I have to start working on all of those pre-pregnancy pounds I packed on in the last few years. Ideally, I'd love to reach 135 (I'm only 5'4" so that would be a nice weight on my frame) so that would be an additional 28.6 pounds of pre-baby weight. Oh, now THAT does seem a bit daunting. But hey, that's a challenge for another day (ok, another bunch of months) starting this summer.

So all in all a great doctor's visit! I've still been feeling lousy these last few days - lack of sleep due to hourly peeing and itching, still nursing a pollen induced headache, and still a bit sore in my lady parts and just above my navel. Welcome to the super-uncomfortable part of pregnancy! My next appointment would have been in two weeks but doc will be going on vacation that week so I'll see him again on 6/7. Can you believe that I'll almost be 35 weeks by then? I sure can't! I'm still in awe that we've made it this far, go TAC!!

No comments:

Post a Comment