Us

Us

Sunday, March 6, 2011

21w3d - Can my dermatologist appt just get here already??

Hi my friends. I'm sorry, I am just soooo miserable right now. I started getting a sore throat on Friday and that's still lingering. Hoping it doesn't turn into something more but that's really the least of my problems. I was up so many times last night with my skin troubles, I wish I could just sleep until tomorrow morning when I see the dermagologist.

To give you peek at my pain, yesterday evening the hives (who had left me alone all day long) came on with a fury. I had a good 30-40 on each arm, some on my right knee, and a couple on the soles of my feet. If you've ever had hives you know that when they first come on they itch unbearably (which they did.) I thought I was going to rip my arms off. Then if you've ever had hives you know that the welts that remain (mine usually go away the next day) hurt. Needless to say, by the time I was ready for bed last night mine were hurting like hell and made it so difficult to sleep (since I need to sleep on my side.) Here's a picture of my left arm from this morning. The hives have spread out and flattened which means they're on their way out, until the next batch arrives tonight, but damn my arms are in so much pain today.

Photobucket

And to give you a glimpse of my eczema, this originally started as a couple little patches. I now have patches on my neck, upper back, chest, above my navel, lower back, both sides of my torso, hips, chins. Each patch is incredibly itchy and like sand paper. I'm getting little blood spots all over my clothes from these damn patches. A new patch just starts as incredibly itchy red skin - then the rash sets in afterwared. Here's one of the patches on my shoulder/neck that I've been fighting off for the last 3-4 weeks.

Photobucket

So all of this has really got me down. I'm sorry for my depressing post, I'm just literally exhausted from scratching and itching 24/7 for the last few months.

In good news, my Prenatal Cradle Mini-Cradle is awesome. I was able to spend all day cleaning out the nursery and had no pain or pressure in my lower abdomen. AWESOME!! Really glad Dr D suggested that thing! And now that the nursery is cleaned out, next weekend I should be able to get the wall decor up (vinyl sticky things of jungle animals) and move the furniture into place.

Until then, I'll let you know how the dermatologist appointment goes tomorrow. Please, please, please, let them know something else that can help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment