Us

Us

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

23w5d - Great prenatal visit...nice & boring

Today I had my 24 week prenatal visit and all went well. I LOVE being a boring patient...it's about damn time after all we've been through. B/P was fabulous (I can't remember the number but it was lower than any of my visits so far) so that was a relief. I had many people tell me to watch my b/p with the edema I've been having so it was really nice to see it good and low. Urine tested fine, another YAY! And my weight...well, not so great. I was not happy to see a 6 pound gain since I was last there 4 weeks ago, UGH!!! That puts my total gain at 16 pounds. Add that to the 25 pounds I was overweight to begin with and I've got a lot to lose when this is over. I forsee a LOT of walks with Maribel and our dog to work off these pounds. But hey, that's a worry for July. For now I'm just going to work really hard to keep my gains on the low side for the last few months I have. Wish me luck!!

No u/s today - I love that Dr D is confident that my cervix is doing well without having to check it with a trans-vaginal u/s at every visit. This is what I wanted - a normal pregnancy - without weekly or bi-weekly cervix checks, without bedrest, without pelvic rest (aka no sex.) I'm so happy to have the opportunity for a normal pregnancy after successfully making it through the TAC. Dr D checked my uterus which felt right on track for 24 weeks and we listened to the heartbeat...ahhh, that sound never gets old. And we talked about any questions/issues I had - my continued edema (just keep doing what I'm doing and watch what I'm eating) and my lump above my bump. What??? Yes, I have an odd soft lump above my belly button. I've had it for years but now it's more pronounced as my baby bump grows. Shouldn't cause any major issues though so that was good to hear.

Tomorrow I go to Labcorp for my 1-hour glucose screening. Should be soooo much fun, NOT! But it's necessary to check for gestational diabetes so I'll bring a couple of magazines I haven't had time to read and hope for good results. Then I go back to see Dr D for another prenatal visit in 4 weeks.

My Bum Genius cloth diapers came in and I had I promised a pic of those. I got a dozen and picked a bunch of different colors. Man, I love these things - they're so cute!!! And now between these and the Sunbaby ones I got, we've got 2 dozen dipes to start with.

Photobucket

And lastly, I wanted to share some pics of my kids and grandbabies from this past weekend's visit. It was such a great visit and I cherish every moment I get to spend with them. This first picture is my DS with his daughter Lily. I tell you she is hilarious!! She had us in stitches with her expressions and mannerisms. Soooo darn cute!!!

Photobucket

And this picture is my DD with her daughter Madison. I could snuggle with this little one for days. She's just so precious!!

Photobucket

Well, I hope you have a great evening and I'll post again soon. Hopefully with awesome results from my glucose screening. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment