Us

Us

Monday, March 7, 2011

21w4d - Here's hoping!

The dermatologist's reaction when he saw my skin: "What happened to you?" That's what I'd like to know! So, it turns out the hives are just hives. Could be caused by anything including pregnancy hormones. Prednisone would be an option, but we'd all like to hold off on that as long as possible since I'm pregnant. And the eczema just doesn't seem to be responding well to the topical originally prescribed. So they switched me to something a little stronger, Topicort ointment 2x a day for both the hives and eczema and we'll see if that helps. I've got a follow-up appointment in one month with instructions to come in sooner if it gets worse. So I'm hoping and praying (and praying and hoping) that this change in meds does the trick.

I have a funny pregnancy brain story for you from this evening too. I decided after work that I wanted to make brownies (and once the idea of brownies is planted in this pregnant woman's brain there's no saying "no" to this idea.) So, I put the mix and the other ingredients in a bowl and start stirring. Well, I stir and I stir and stir and there's still lots of lumps. I pound on the lumps with my whisk and yet the lumps remain. I finally just give up and pour the batter into the baking pan. I swipe a taste of the batter (including one of the lumps) and realize the lumps are walnuts. Idiot me forgot that I'd bought "Walnut Brownie Mix". Oh, what a dork I am!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment