Us

Us

Thursday, March 24, 2011

24 weeks - A big milestone!

We've made it to 24 weeks, WOO-HOO!!! This is often considered the time when a baby could survive if born now. Granted he/she may have a number of problems like I mentioned last week, but 24 weeks has been a huge goal for us to reach. And every week from here on out is wonderful icing on the cake. I personally can breathe a bit easier now that we've reached this mileston and that's a wonderful feeling.

Yesterday I went for my 1-hour glucose screening at Labcorp and it was not bad at all. In fact, I must say they've improved that glucose drink immensely in the last 19 years. When I last drank that stuff, back in 1992, it was an orange drink that was really thick, like the consistency of cough syrup...YUCK!!! This time it was just a small bottle of what I'd consider an overly sweetened fruit punch. Not terrible in the least (though I wouldn't by any means go buying bottles of it to drink on a regular basis.) I had 5 minutes to drink it down so once that was done, Labcorp had a nice little comfort room with two giant rocker recliners and a TV. I settled into one of those uber-comfy chairs with my timer in hand set for 60 minutes. I'd planned on reading my magazines but ended up spending the hour talking to another pregnant woman who came in shortly after me for the same test. It was so nice to chat with another prego woman in person, instead of online. Then it was time for the blood draw and I was on my way back home. Easy peasy! Hopefully the results will come back great too.

Lastly, since it's been another two weeks since the last belly shot, we're due for another one. So here is the 24 week bump.

Photobucket

Hope everyone has a great weekend ahead! I'll be doing my usual Saturday stuff - cleaning, shopping, etc. I think shopping will include some baby goods though so that's always fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment