Us

Us

Monday, March 14, 2011

22w4d - My poor wedding band (and finger)

Well my poor swollen ring finger just couldn't take anymore swelling. After spending last night trying every possible thing we could find online to get my wedding band off my super-swollen hand, DH and I decided the wise thing to do would be to get the ring cut off. (DH was such a sweetheart too - he even ran out for Windex last night after we read so many success stories online for Windex working to remove rings stuck on fingers...no such luck in our case though. But we'll have lots of clean glass around the house.)

This morning the swelling was starting to hurt so I sadly drove to our neighborhood jeweler this morning. My heart was heavy as the jeweler used their handy little saw like tool to saw through my ring and then used pliers to stretch it out far enough to slip my finger out. I was so sad, but ahhhh...it was immediate relief once that fat finger was freed!! I don't think I even realized how uncomfortable it had been until the ring was off. In the lovely picture attached you can see my super fat hand, including the ridiculous indentation on my ring finger, and my now broken wedding band.

The good news is, once I've had the baby I'll be able to get the ring repaired. Another reason why I'm looking forward to Maribel arriving! In the meantime, DH brought home a ring for me to wear for now. It's a giant man's ring - so giant it's currently residing on the middle finger of my right hand - but I loved the sentiment. He knew how upset I was to have to give up my wedding band temporarily and watch it get sliced apart. So my heart melted a little more when he slipped that giant ring on my finger. God I love this man of mine.

1 comment: