Us

Us

Thursday, March 17, 2011

23 weeks!! (Roughly 15 weeks to go)

23 weeks today!! We're another week closer to ensuring a safe, timely delivery for little Maribel. I'll be so happy when we're out of the super-scary time here when viability of a baby born this early would be completely questionable. And even if viable, a baby born this early could face a number of hardships - respiratory issues, bleeds on the brain, etc. So every week, no, actually every day, buys us a little more comfort in knowing she's still where she needs to be...all snuggled up in my uterus.


Can you believe though that we're roughly 14-15 weeks away from meeting our little girl? I can't! This pregnancy is going soooo fast! But I'm trying to savor every minute of it, knowing that this really will be the last time I'm pregnant. I thought that almost 19 years ago but back then I never knew I'd meet my wonderful DH. Now that we know we'd have to go through IVF again to add to the family, I think we'll be happy with my two wonderful kids and our one little girl together.


Yesterday, DH pulled out a gift I gave him a long time ago. Back in August 2009, when we had our first positive pregnancy test - 1 year and 1 day after my tubal reversal surgery - I wrapped up the positive test in the bib shown below to tell DH that we were pregnant.

Photobucket

Wow, I never imagined on that day what we would still have to go through to have our baby. I never would have guessed that that pregnancy would be a chemical pregnancy. Or that the next two pregnancies would be ectopic. Or that I'd lose both of my tubes and one ovary because of those ectopics. Or that we'd need to go through an IVF cycle to conceive. Seeing the gift I gave him was bittersweet. On the one hand I felt happy that soon, he'll be able to put that bib on his daughter and be the most amazing dad. On the other hand I felt sadness over the 3 angels we lost over the last year and a half (actually, I guess it's 4 angels if we consider the twin that didn't develop along with Maribel.) But, I'm pretty sure those 4 angels are watching over Maribel right now and are keeping her safe. Angels - we love you!

In less bittersweet but cool news, my first shipment of cloth diapers came in. Yippee!! I love them!! They're so cute, I can't stand it! This order was for a dozen Sunbaby diapers with 2 dozen inserts. Then I have a dozen Bum Genius 4.0 on the way from another company. So we'll be stocked up with a couple dozen cloth diapers and it cost roughly $270 when I include the diapers, inserts, and the Fuzzibunzhanging diaper pail/bag. Not bad when you compare that to the cost of disposables. They're all one size which is great because we won't keep having to buy new ones as she grows (well, until she grows out of them that is. Most one-size go up to 28 or 35 lbs depending on the brand.) Here's a pic to show you the cute ones that came in today - I just love the pattern ones (apples, elephants, teddy bears, hearts - all hard to see in the pics, I know.)

Photobucket

I'll be sure to take a pic of the Bum Genius ones I ordered when they come in. They had so many colors to choose from. Maribel's bum will be like a rainbow...well on the OUTSIDE of the diaper that is. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Stop - you are making me crying with this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Michelle, I still can't look at that bib without my eyes tearing up.

    ReplyDelete