Us

Us

Thursday, April 21, 2011

28 weeks - YES!!

We've made it to 28 weeks and that deserves a big YAHOO!!! Awesome stuff! Should be 10 or less weeks to go at this point. To think our little one should be around 2.5 pounds now is just amazing. She'll be packing on the pounds these last couple months (and hopefully I won't do the same since I've got that goal of no more weight gain from the doctor.)

So today I had my diabetes class at the doctor's. I thought the class was very good. There were 4 of us there and a nutritionist took us through what to eat/what not to eat. She showed different combinations of things to eat, serving sizes, etc. The diet is pretty similar to what I've been doing, though I'd consider it a bit more liberal so it may open up additional options for meals for me. Then the nurse came in and gave us our glucometers (model was based on our insurance) and showed us how to use them. I got the Accu-Check Aviva and it seems really easy to use. They also called in more test strips and lancets to the pharmacy so we could pick those up later in the day.

Now when I did my level there, I hadn't eaten breakfast yet so it counted as my fasting level and it was 90 - which is great! Just needed to be between 60-95 so I was super happy with that reading. Others in the room weren't so lucky - one lady had a 241 (she had eaten but had done a fasting level earlier in the day and that was somewhere in the 150s.) So after doing my fasting level first thing in the morning, I take 3 more readings throughout the day (two hours after each meal.) Those levels should be under 120. So far my post-breakfast and post-lunch levels were also awesome - 89 and 98 respectively. I'll take my post-dinner level at 8:55 tonight but if it follows suit, it should be pretty darn good. As I take each reading I log it on a sheet they gave me, then every Monday I email them my readings and the nurse will call to discuss them. I'd be REALLY, REALLY happy if my levels stay so good that they say I don't need to worry about it anymore. :-)

As of tomorrow, I'll have 6 weeks left of work...ahhhhhhh, how I love that thought! This weekend, one of our friends is coming to town so I'm sure we'll spend time with her and her kids. Other than that, I should really start organizing things in Maribel's room. She's got so many clothes already she's going to be like a soap opera character. You know how you never see a TV character wearing the same outfit twice?? That's going to be Maribel. And according to my in-laws they've bought her lots of clothes. It's a good thing we got her a good sized dresser for her wardrobe!

I did make a few more purchases this week - you knew I would, didn't you? But hey, we're getting down to the wire - I only have a few more paychecks before I'm out of work. And I think people prefer to get "fun stuff" like cute outfits and such so I don't mind getting the "not so fun" items. Honestly I have to agree with shoppers, the baby girl clothes out there are irresistable and sooo fun to pick out!! So I grabbed the dishwasher basket, the soft-sided toy box, and the swing. We originally were going to use DGD's swing but she loves it so much, she may not be done with it in time for Maribel to use it. So a new swing was in order. I also had a gift card to use at Destination Maternity so I ordered a few things for me - a couple of nursing bras, a nursing gown with robe so I'm not completely hanging all out of hospital gowns, two pairs of drawstring maternity shorts (they looked soooo comfy), and a cute summer dress (figure that will help me get through the summer when I'm pregnant and then still oversized post-delivery.) My breast pump arrived today too, yippee!! Man, I seriously sound like a shopaholic but I'm really not. I just want to make sure I get the necessities while I'm still collecting a paycheck. And hey, I'm still socking money into the savings and keeping UPS busy so it's all good.

Well, that's all I have to report for now. Have a good evening all!

No comments:

Post a Comment