Us

Us

Saturday, October 30, 2010

6dp3dt...IC=BFP, FRER=BFN

At 5:55 a.m. I awoke and realized, oh crap I have to pee. Then I realized, oh I can POAS, let's go!!!

Normally urinating does not thrill me, but during POAS season it can be an exciting (or frustrating) time of the day. Armed with my trusty cup and internet cheapie test (IC) I was on the case and ready for some suspense. While the test was processing, I dumped the remaining urine from the cup, washed up, put my morning progesterone suppository in, washed up again (anything to kill a couple more minutes.) Then I looked at the stick and ever so faintly there was a 2nd line. Hmmm...very insteresting. I was just reading online last night that a BFP at 6pd3dt is most often twins or more because it's very early to get a BFP on a HPT. Yes, very interesting indeed.

I had DH look at the test when he awoke a little while later to see if he could see the line (thereby ensuring the line was not imaginary) and he could see it too. I always feel relieved when he sees it - because if he didn't, I would know I've gone off the deep end. Now here was my mistake. I shouldn't have dumped the remaining urine when I did. If I'd thought about it, I could have done a FRER with that same urine to see if that test came out positive too. But at the time I didn't think I'd even get a 2nd line on the IC. So when I tried a FRER a little while later there was no second line.

So what have we learned here? Nothing really. It could be that the IC test has a higher sensitivity than the FRER. Or maybe that IC was a flukey test showing me a false positive. Or because hCG is most concentrated in first morning urine (FMU) it's possible that the hCG in my later urine was't concentrated enough to register on the FRER. Either way, I'm calling today's results inconclusive.

So with that, tomorrow morning I will again grab my trusty cup and this time I will dip both an IC and a FRER. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment