Us

Us

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

It's official - we trigger tonight!!!

OMG, I am beyond excited that we've made it this far!!

Today's u/s showed my 7 plump, beautiful follies and oh they looked magnificent (I really am a dork, huh?) But who cares - they really did look fabulous!! The smallest is now up to 17x13 and that's not that small given the fact that they'll continue to mature after the trigger shot tonight. Now, I know that not all follicles will have a mature egg in it, but man - seeing these follies grow and mature like they have the last few days has just given us a renewed sense of hope and optimism going into retrieval.

So now that I'm at the trigger stage - no more Bravelle, Menopur, or Ganirelix, YAY!!! I started my round of antibiotics this morning and at 11pm tonight I will do my two Ovidrel injections. These are pre-filled syringes that can be given in the lower belly like we've been doing with the other injections. This med needed to be stored in the fridge so I have my alarm set to get them to room temperature by 11pm. Then my egg retrieval will be Thursday at 11am. WOW!!!

I'll post more about the retrieval process tomorrow when I have more time. For today, I just wanted to hop on here on my lunch break to report back on my SnS this morning (epecially since I was so excited at my news I was ready to burst!!)

BTW, is it Thursday yet??? :-)

2 comments:

  1. I have all fingers & toes crossed for good luck for you and D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!! We'll take every finger & toe crossed that we can. :-)

    ReplyDelete