Us

Us

Monday, October 25, 2010

Feeling good and trying to be lazy

Hi there peeps!! Well I am 1dp3dt (1 day past 3 day transfer) and feeling fine. Back's a little sore from bedrest, but that's a small price to pay if this works. DH is doing a great job running the house while I'm resting, though he has had to yell at me a couple of times to lay down and let him take care of things. :-)

Amazingly, I'm feeling really calm about things. Over the last couple of days I've realized that this is our last 2ww (two-week wait). After going through 25 2ww's and 3 pregnancies/losses in the last 2+ years, this is the last time we'll be waiting to see if we're pregnant. While part of me sees this could be a stress inducing thought (and maybe it will become that by next week) another part of me just wants to relax and enjoy this 2ww as much as possible. I'm PUPO right now - and it may be the last time I ever am. So I'm going to cherish the hope that I may really be pregnant and hopefully this calmness will stay with me until next Thursday when we get the official results.

Also, this little chart is posted often on one of the message boards I frequent and it's a nice general snapshot of what is happening daily after a 3dt.

**this is what happens in a 3dt:
1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
2dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
3dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
4dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
5dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
6dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
7dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
8dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
9dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
10dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
11dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

2 comments:

  1. What an education this has been. We sure do take a lot for granted. Grow baby, grow! Love & prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Michelle! Believe me, DH & I had no idea how much we would go through when we 2.5 years ago we decided we wanted to try for a child. Completely mind-blowing!

    ReplyDelete