Us

Us

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Progressing Nicely

Quick post while I'm on my lunch break. I forgot we're going to a MLS soccer game tonight (US Mens team vs. Colombia - YAY!) - so I figured I'd better get my post up now.

SnS went well. The fact that there were multiple follicles for the doc to measure was a great thing. The fact that they've grown to a measurable size is another great thing. Doc said I'm progressing nicely and I've got some "good potentials" going. I didn't ask for a number of follicles or sizes but as I was getting dressed to leave, I could see that the last 2 he measured were just over 6 mm and 7 mm respectively. Now I wish I'd been looking at the screen for the first few measurements, DAMN! Oh well, probably better that I don't know them all this early on or I'd be comparing them to everyone I could find on the internet and that's just inviting stress and worry. Anyways, so you know the finish line we're shooting for for next week - mature follicles are generally 18-24 mm. In order to get to retrieval you need at least 3 follicles with a mean diameter of 18 mm.

So unless I hear back on any issue with my b/w, I'll stay on the same dosage of meds for the next two nights. Next SnS appointment will be Thursday morning so I'll be back with an update then. And maybe I'll remember to crook my neck slightly left and forward to have a better view of the measurements as they come up on the screen in case he doesn't say them out loud. Oh, I am so bad!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment