Us

Us

Thursday, October 14, 2010

I heart today's nurse (((HUGS)))

Howdy, howdy everybody! The follies are still cooking in there and we're moving closer towards retrieval day. The doctor rattled off measurements for 3 of the follies and then said there were a number of them less than 10 mm. I'm not stressing over how many yet or how big because there is still time for more follies to mature so we're just going to keep on thinking positively!! Grow Follies Grow!!!

As for my meds, tonight I continue with the 6 vials of Bravelle and 2 vials of Menopur. Tomorrow night I'll do 6 vials of Bravelle, bump it up to 3 vials of Menopur, and add a Ganirelix injection. So the human pincushion will be doing 3 injections per night...my poor chubby belly LOL! (As a reminder the antagonist injection is being added on to keep me from ovulating on my own.)

Now, if you think back to how much medication they ordered me and do the math, you'll realize that after tonight's injections, I will be down to 3 vials of Bravelle already. Holy shit, I'll have made it through over 9 boxes of Bravelle by tomorrow night!! So needless to say, I had a pit in my stomach this morning knowing I was going to need to order more meds.

Then a truly wonderful thing happened. The nurse & I were talking about me running out of meds before the doc came in and when she saw I was self-pay for meds and the IVF cycle her jaw dropped. The nurse said sometimes couples who were successful with IVF will donate any leftover medication they had, so she went off to check if they had any Bravelle and they did! She sent me home with 2 boxes of Bravelle (that's 10 vials and just over $400 worth of meds, YAY!!!) so now I have enough for tonight and tomorrow and then will still have 7 vials left. I still may need more depending on what they find at my next appointment on Saturday, but this donation was a HUGE relief and I am so thankful for my wonderful nurse K today!! I seriously wanted to hug her!!

My next appointment is Saturday @ 7:30 am so until then, I repeat - Grow Follies Grow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment