Us

Us

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Mo money, mo follies

Got some follies cooking, but don't close that wallet just yet Mrs A. Turns out we're not quite done spending a fortune on medications...

Today's appointment was at 7:30am. I arrived early (of course) and got whisked through my b/w before I could even read a page of the new People magazine. Then came the moment of truth - u/s time. Would there be more follies? Will the ones I had have grown? Well, it was good news. I had 5 measurable follies today. The largest was 15x16 and the smallest was 7x8. The rest were in between in the 13, 12, 10 areas. It's rare to see the same RE twice in a row, but today I did and she said they look great, they've really improved since she saw me Thursday. This is awesome news! The follies are starting to mature!! YAY!!

So tonight and tomorrow night I again do my 6 Bravelle, 3 Menopur, and 1 Ganirelix. But, if you remember after tonight I'll be out of the Bravelle AGAIN!!! So guess where DH & I went today?? Since tomorrow is Sunday and FedEx deliveries wouldn't arrive until Monday, we took a lil drive to Trenton (only about 25 min away) to visit Alexander's Twin Pharmacy where our med orders are filled and shipped from. We purchased another 3 boxes of Bravelle (ching-ching, there goes another $749.25) so now I have enough meds for Sunday and Monday. Yes, you read that right - that will just get us through Monday night. God help us if we need more meds after Monday, I swear I will scream!!! This one cycle is now officially over $13k...oh I want to puke again. But for now I'm just trying to remind myself that it's ok. It's just money. We saved up this money with the sole purpose of using it for this IVF cycle. It's all ok.

Ok, that little mantra didn't work so I'll switch to another subject. Let me speak of these Ganirelix injections for a moment. Holy crap, can anyone say dull needles??? The needles that were sent for my Bravelle & Menopur are these lovely, short, sharp needles - often I don't even feel them go in. These Ganirelix suckers on the other hand are prefilled syringes with needles that seem thicker and they're definitely not as sharp. Last night I really felt like I had to push it to get it to poke it through my belly skin - OUCH, I'm so not a fan of that!

So now that I'm thoroughly distracted by the awful thought of dull needles later, I've almost forgotten about the extra money spent today. Almost. Next appointment is Monday morning bright and early...

No comments:

Post a Comment